Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The first one...

Every blog has to start somewhere.  Often there seems to be a logical beginning; the birth of a child, a wedding, a new job.  This blog has none of those.  I just decided to write it.  No one may ever read it.  I may or may not care about that.  I may post to it several times a week, or several times a month, or several times a year.  Or maybe this post could also be appropriately titled "The First and Last one".   I simply don't know.  All I know is that I often write things in my head.  I think about how I would word the things I think about if I were sure someone else was going to read them.  I have often thought of keeping a journal and that is how I imagine this blog might turn out.  More of a journal.  In another post I might talk about how in my head I'm an archaeologist.  But for now I'll just tell you that I often think about what people would think of my theoretical journal if they were reading it 100 years from now.  Or a 1000. 

Sometimes the things I think about wouldn't interest anyone but me.  But sometimes I like to think about controversial things too. Or maybe things that aren't really controversial but might interest others as well. About all things I'm usually good about picking a side to be on.  Usually I'm pretty close to the fence though.  Sometimes I'm a bit further away to either side.  Sometimes I even jump back and forth like a demented toad.  And rarely I'm squarely on the fence, planted firmly right in the middle.  And it's hard to get me to move.  Or perhaps I only think that it's hard.  That might just be something I learn by writing this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment